New York Mets (MLB):
The New York Mets (13-11) saw their bats fizzle in the final game of a series against the Philadelphia Phillies. They lose 6-0.
- LHP Jason Vargas had a good if short start. Vargas pitched for 4 and 2/3 innings allowing only one run on 3 hits, walking 2, and whiffing 4.
- LHP Daniel Zamora made his 2019 debut in the major leagues. While only pitching 1/3 of an inning his interesting delivery (low three-quarters arm slot) did strike out OF Bryce Harper in a crucial at-bat.
- 2B Robinson Canó had a decent day at the plate, reaching base four times and going 2-3 on the day.
Syracuse Mets (Triple-A):
The Syracuse Mets (12-8) took on the Buffalo Bisons (Triple-A, Toronto Blue Jays) eventually losing 5-4.
- OF Travis Taijeron went 1-4 on the day with an RBI double.
- OF Tim Tebow looking for a stride in 2019 made it to the bases a few times tonight going 1-2 with two walks and one run scored.
- RHP Paul Sewald pitched 1 and 1/3 scoreless innings with one strikeout.
Binghamton Rumble Ponies (Double-A):
The Rumble Ponies (9-5) continued on the road and defeated the Akron RubberDucks (Double-A, Cleveland Indians)losing 2-0.
- RHP Chris Mazza pitched 7.2 innings allowing two runs on 5 hits with 3 strikeouts and walks apiece in a loss.
- RHP Adonis Uceta pitched 1/3 of a scoreless inning in relief dropping his season ERA to 1.69.
St. Lucie Mets (Class-A Advanced):
The St. Lucie Mets (10-10) played the last of their three-game series against the Lakeland Flying Tigers (Class-A Advanced, Detroit Tigers). The Mets would drop to the Flying Tigers by the final score of 10-4
- OF Jacob Zanon went 2-3 with a walk and two RBI, he reached base four times
- 3B Blake Tiberi went 1-3 with 2 RBIs and 2 walks.
- RHP Tommy Wilson pitched well in a start which saw him go for 5.1 innings with three runs (two earned) on 6 hits in the loss.
Columbia Fireflies (Class A):
The Fireflies (7-12) played the third of a three-game series against the West Virginia Power (Class A, Seattle Mariners) losing 2-1.
- RHP Christian James pitched 5 innings with two unearned runs on 3 hits, striking out 7 and walking 1.
- 3B Mark Vientos went 1-4 with an RBI.
The New York Mets have an off day tomorrow as they prepare for a home series against the Milwaukee Brewers.
The Syracuse Mets (Triple-A), Binghamton Rumble Ponies (Double-A), St. Lucie Mets (Class A-Advanced), and Columbia Fireflies (Single-A) are all in action tomorrow.