New York Mets (MLB):
The New York Mets (15-14) defeated the Cincinnati Reds in extra innings by the final score of 4-3
- LHP Jason Vargas pitched 5.1 innings allowing only 1 run on 3 hits, walking 3 and striking out 5 batters.
- RHP Drew Gagnon pitched 1.1 scoreless innings, striking out 2.
- 1B Pete Alonso went 0-4 with a sac fly RBI to give the Mets the walk-off victory.
Syracuse Mets (Triple-A):
The Syracuse Mets (16-9) blew out the Lehigh Valley Iron Pigs (Triple-A, Philadelphia Phillies) after scoring 9 runs in the 9th. The Mets blew out the Iron Pigs 18-5.
- OF Tim Tebow went 1-6 with 3 RBI and a run scored.
- INF Adeiny Hechavarría went 3-5 with 3 RBI and 3 runs scored.
- RHP Chris Flexen had a strong start pitching 6 innings allowing only 2 runs on 6 hits, walked 2 and struck out 11 batters earning the win.
- 1B David Thompson went 1-4 with 4 RBI, 2 walks, and a run scored.
Binghamton Rumble Ponies (Double-A):
The Rumble Ponies (11-8) continued their series against the Akron RubberDucks (Double-A, Cleveland Indians) winning 1-0.
- RHP Mickey Jannis pitched 7 innings of scoreless baseball. The knuckleballer allowed only 2 hits and struck out 3.
- OF Braxton Lee went 2-3 with an RBI
- 3B Will Toffey went 1-3 with a run scored.
St. Lucie Mets (Class-A Advanced):
The St. Lucie Mets (13-12) started the first game of a three-game series against the Palm Beach Cardinals (Class-A Advanced, St. Louis Cardinals) losing the first game 9-1.
Columbia Fireflies (Class A):
The Fireflies (8-16) started the first game of a three-game series against the Delmarva Shorebirds (Single-A, Baltimore Orioles) losing 6-3.
- 2B Shervyen Newton went 2-4 with an RBI and a run scored.
- OF Wagner Lagrange went 1-3 with an RBI and a run scored.
- RHP Ezequiel Zabaleta pitched 2 innings in relief allowing 1 run off of 1 hit (a home run) and striking out 5.
The New York Mets and all of its affiliates in action have games tomorrow.