New York Mets (MLB):
The New York Mets (12-10) blanked the Philadelphia Phillies, 9-0 in the second of a three-game series.
- RHP Zack Wheeler had his best performance in the Mets organization to date. Wheeler excelled both on the mound and at the plate.
- Zach Wheeler’s pitching stat line was 7 innings pitched, 0 earned runs off of 5 hits, no walks and 11 strikeouts with 105 pitches.
- Wheeler’s hitting stat line was equally as impressive: 2-3, 1 home run, 3 RBI, 2 runs.
- Wheeler is the first MLB Player in 2019 to join the 100/100 club (pitched over 100 mph, and hit a home run with an exit velocity over 100 mph), fittingly this is Wheeler’s 100th career start.
- 3B Todd Frazier hit his 5th career grand slam, home run. He went 1-4 with 4 RBI.
- C Wilson Ramos went 1-3 with an RBI single.
Syracuse Mets (Triple-A):
The Syracuse Mets (11-7) took on the Buffalo Bisons (Triple-A, Toronto Blue Jays) in the second of a three-game set. The Mets went on to win the first game of the series by the score of 2-0.
- RHP Drew Gagnon had a strong start, pitching 7 innings with no runs on 3 hits, 2 walks and striking out 6, earning the win.
- OF Grégor Blanco went 1-3 with a solo home run and a walk.
- LHP Ryan O’Rourke got the save for the Syracuse Mets, throwing a scoreless 1/3 of an inning with a crucial strikeout.
Binghamton Rumble Ponies (Double-A):
The Rumble Ponies (8-4) continued on the road and defeated the Akron RubberDucks (Double-A, Cleveland Indians) in the second of a three-game series by the score of 11-6.
- LHP David Peterson earned his first win at the Double-A level after throwing 5.2 innings with 3 runs off of 8 hits and striking out 8.
- SS Andres Gimenez went 1-4 with an RBI and two walks on the evening. Gimenez improves his hit-streak to seven games.
- 2B Sam Haggerty went 3-6 with 1 RBI.
- 1B Patrick Mazeika also went 3-6 with 2 RBI
St. Lucie Mets (Class-A Advanced):
The St. Lucie Mets (10-8) started the morning playing the second of a three-game series against the Lakeland Flying Tigers (Class-A Advanced, Detroit Tigers). The Mets would drop to the Flying Tigers by the final score of 4-1.
- OF Jacob Zanon would provide the only offense of the day for the St. Lucie Mets. Zanon went 1-4 on the day with an RBI double in the 9th.
- RHP Briam Campusano pitched in relief throwing two scoreless innings, allowing only 1 hit and striking out 2.
- RHP Yeizo Campos also pitched a scoreless inning and two thirds, walking one, allowing two hits, and fanning 2.
Columbia Fireflies (Class A):
The Fireflies (7-10) played the second of a three-game series against the West Virginia Power (Class A, Seattle Mariners). The Fireflies would struggle and lose to the Power 10-3.
- OF/1B Zach Rheams manning first tonight went 1-4 with a home run, and 2 RBI.
- OF Wagner Lagrange went 2-4 tonight with an RBI.
- LHP Andrew Mitchell threw in relief tonight provided 2 innings of scoreless baseball with one hit, one walk, and one strikeout.
The New York Mets and all it’s minor league affiliates currently in-action will be playing games tomorrow.