New York Mets (MLB):
The New York Mets (11-10) defeated the Philadelphia Phillies, 5-1.
- LHP Stephen Matz had a bounce-back start pitching 6 innings for the Mets allowing 1 run on 3 hits and earning the win for New York after throwing 99 pitches. Matz is throwing a 4.09 ERA so far, this season with some pretty major fluctuations early on.
- 2B Jeff McNeil went 2-3, with a solo home run in the fifth. McNeil has at least two hits in 9 out of his last 14 games.
- 1B Pete Alonso went 1-3, with an RBI double. He has 21 RBI so far in 22 games played. No other rookie Met in franchise history has reached 20 RBI in a season this quickly.
Syracuse Mets (Triple-A):
The Syracuse Mets (10-7) began the first of a three-game series against the Buffalo Bisons (Triple-A, Toronto Blue Jays). The Mets went on to win the first game of the series by the score of 7-3.
- 1B Travis Taijeron went 2-4 on the evening with 2 home runs, batting in 3 RBIs. Taijeron only struck out twice.
- INF Danny Espinosa, playing shortstop tonight went 1-3 tonight, a three-run home run.
- RHP Corey Taylor threw 2.1 innings in relief giving up only 3 hits while striking out 3.
Binghamton Rumble Ponies (Double-A):
The Rumble Ponies (7-4) continued on the road and played the Akron RubberDucks (Double-A, Cleveland Indians) in the opening of a three-game series. The Ponies would rout the RubberDucks 16-3.
- LHP Anthony Kay continues to impress inside the Mets Minor League system. He retired his first ten batters, fanning eight. In six scoreless innings pitched, Kay, struck out 10 and allowed only one hit and earned the win.
- SS Andres Gimenez went 2-6 on the evening, including a three-run double to blow the game open. Gimenez improves his hit-streak to six games.
- INF Michael Paez, playing 2nd Base tonight went 3-4 on the game with 2 RBI.
St. Lucie Mets (Class-A Advanced):
The St. Lucie Mets (9-8) hit the road to open a three-game series against the Lakeland Flying Tigers (Class-A Advanced, Detroit Tigers) defeating them 9-2.
- RHP Tony Dibrell pitched 5.1 innings allowing only one run on 3 hits and striking out 6 earning the win. Dibrell improves to 2-1 on the season and lowers his ERA to 2.08. The righty has only given up eight hits in his last three starts.
- The outfield showcased their hitting tonight with Hansel Moreno and Quinn Brodey each hitting 2 RBIs for the day. Jacob Zanon would go 2-4 and score 2 runs.
- 2B Luis Carpio went 3-4 with a home run and 2 RBIs on the evening.
Columbia Fireflies (Class A):
The Fireflies (7-9) begin a 6 game road stretch, including the first of a three-game series against the West Virginia Power (Class A, Seattle Mariners). The Fireflies would drop the first game to the Power 5-0.
- The Fireflies offense struggled with a team-wide 4 hits.
- RHP Bryce Hutchinson threw 2 scoreless innings in relief, striking out 4 and allowing only one hit.
- RHP Jose Moreno would continue the strong bullpen performance with a scoreless inning of his own, fanning two batters and walking one.
- RHP Darwin Ramos would finish the night for the Fireflies bullpen throwing one scoreless inning, striking out one.
The New York Mets and all it’s minor league affiliates currently in-action will be playing games tomorrow.