New York Mets (MLB):
The New York Mets (13-12) opened a series against the Milwaukee Brewers. The Mets struggled after a rain delay, losing 9-2.
- 2B Robinson Canó went 2-3 with an RBI and a walk.
- OF/2B Jeff McNeil went 2-5 with a run scored.
- 3B Todd Frazier went 1-4 with an RBI.
Syracuse Mets (Triple-A):
The Syracuse Mets (13-8) took to the road to take on the Scranton Wilkes Barre Railriders (Triple-A, New York Yankees). The rain had other plans with the game being suspended in the bottom of the 1st Inning.
- INF Danny Espinosa scored the only run so far in this suspended game, a solo shot in the top of the 1st.
Binghamton Rumble Ponies (Double-A):
The Rumble Ponies (9-5) were rained out of their game against the Portland Sea Dogs (Double-A, Boston Red Sox). They will make up this game tomorrow.
St. Lucie Mets (Class-A Advanced):
The St. Lucie Mets (12-10) sought some revenge against the Florida Fire Frogs (Class-A Advanced, Atlanta Braves) winning 7-3.
- LHP Kevin Smith got the start and the win, pitching 6 innings with 1 run off of 3 hits and striking out 7
- RHP Briam Campusano earned his first save of his Mets minor league career pitching 3 innings with 2 runs, off two hits and a walk.
- 2B Carlos Cortes went 0-3 with 2 RBI and one walk.
Columbia Fireflies (Class A):
The Fireflies (7-13) stayed on the road to continue their series with the Charleston RiverDogs (Single-A, New York Yankees) losing the first game by the final score of 8-3.
- OF Wagner Lagrange went 1-3 with an RBI and a walk.
- 1B Brian Sharp went 1-3 with an RBI and a run scored.
- OF Jose Miguel Medina went 1-4 with an RBI.
The New York Mets and their minor league affiliates currently in action all have games tomorrow.