New York Mets (MLB):
The New York Mets (58-56) defeated the Miami Marlins 5-0.
- UTL Jeff McNeil went 2 for 3 after exiting Monday night’s game early due to a calf cramp.
- RHP Zack Wheeler pitched eight dominant innings allowing zero runs on eight hits with five strikeouts.
- C Wilson Ramos and 1B Pete Alonso both hit home runs to support Wheeler’s strong performance.
- Alonso hit his 36th homer of the year on a solo shot in the fifth.
- UTL J.D. Davis went 2 for 3 on the day, scoring two runs for the Mets and is now hitting .305 with a .878 OPS.
Syracuse Mets (Triple-A)
The Syracuse Mets were defeated by the Durham Bulls (Tampa Bay Rays, Triple-A) by the score of 5-0.
- RHP Ervin Santana pitched five innings allowing five runs on eight hits in a 5-0 loss to the Durham Bulls.
- Syracuse’s offense struggled after being limited to just five hits with two from C René Rivera.
- RHP Brooks Pounders struck out three over 1 ⅓ inning with no hits and no walks.
- 2B Danny Espinosa, a former Washington National, went 1 for 4 with two stolen bases.
Binghamton Rumble Ponies (Double-A)
- Postponed due to weather
St. Lucie Mets (Single-A Advanced)
- Postponed due to weather
Columbia Fireflies (Single-A)
The Fireflies defeated the Hagerstown Suns (Washington Nationals, Single-A) by the score of 5-3.
- The Columbia Fireflies won 5-3 in extra innings on a fielding error after a fly out from OF Jose Medina. INF Brian Sharp scored the winning run followed by a single from INF Chandler Avant who drove in Medina.
- SS Ronny Mauricio went 2 for 5 and is currently hitting. .284 with a .698 OPS.
- INF Shervyen Newton, went 1 for 4, hitting .207 with a .594 OPS.
Brooklyn Cyclones (Single-A, Short-Season)
The Brooklyn Cyclones defeated the Hudson Valley Renegades (Tampa Bay Rays, Single-A Short Season) by the score of 2-1.
- The Cyclones walked-off against the Hudson Valley Renegades on a single by OF Antoine Duplantis in a 2-1 win. The ninth-inning rally began on a game-tying single from OF Jake Mangum who drove in OF Kennie Taylor followed by the winning hit from Duplantis.
- RHP Garrison Bryant allowed three hits over six innings and struck out five. He lowered his ERA to 2.67.
- OF Jake Mangum, went 2 for 3 with an RBI and a stolen base.
Kingsport Mets (Rookie Advanced)
The Kingsport Mets defeated the Elizabethton Twins (Minnesota Twins, Rooke Advanced) by the final score of 9-8.
- OF Anthony Dirocie is hitting .375 with a 1.000 OPS after going 2 for 6 with 3 RBIs on the day.
- LHP Connor Wollersheim recorded his first win of the season after pitching the top of the ninth. Wollersheim walked one and struck out zero in a scoreless inning.
GCL Mets (Rookie)
Rookie League- GCL Mets 5 – GCL Marlins 4 F/7
A four-run inning lead the Gulf-Coast League Mets to a 5-4 victory over the GCL Marlins. In the top of the third, Zach Ashford hit his 11th double of the season driving in two runs. Juan Loyo drove in the last two runs of the inning on a single to right field. The final run for the Mets came on a Ryan Shinn homer to right field.
- RHP Noah Nunez completed his first save of the season throwing 2 ⅓ innings striking out three and allowing two hits.
- OF Ryan Shinn’s fifth-inning home run was his second of the season.
- Second game of the double-header was suspended due to the weather.
DSL Mets 1 (Dominican Summer League)
The DSL Mets 1 won 3-1 against the DSL Phillies with a stellar performance from LHP Kevin Hernandez who only gave up one run over 5 ⅔ innings. Hernandez struck out five and allowed one walk.
- OF Freddy Valdez, went 0 for 4, but is hitting .267 with three home runs this season. MLB Pipeline ranked him No.28 in the top 30 international prospects.
- C/1B Jan Carlos Osorio went 1 for 4, driving in a run on a double and scoring a run.
DSL Mets 2 (Dominican Summer League)
The DSL Mets 11 defeated the DSL Brewers 11-4 thanks to an 8-run inning in the bottom of the third. Despite a high offensive day only three players had a multi-hit game. Franklin Linares, Omar De Los Santos and Eliam Arias all had two hits on the day.
- RHP David Marcano pitched five innings striking out six and only walking one. His ERA on the season is 3.33.
- In addition to his multi-hit game, OF Omar De Los Santos walked twice and has a slash line of .276/.360/.407/.767.